TARA is involved in a number of activities aimed at improving the management of the night time economy and ensuring that resident's views are considered when decisions are being made.
We provide the chairman of a Police Resources and Visibility Working Group whose terms of reference are to:
1. Make practical recommendations aimed at improving the effectiveness of policing in the centre of the city
2. Make practical recommendations as to how the police and other agencies can work together to improve the experience of people using the city centre
3. Support the development of a vision for the management of the night time environment in Bath which can be used to guide future planning
4. Suggest ways of improving public understanding of policing in the City
We have a representative on BANE'S NTE Steering committee which is a coordinating body for all the agencies involved in the management of the night time economy.
We have a representive on the City Centre Management Partnerships’ - Environmental Management Project Group where local business representative discuss projects aimed at improving peoples' experience in the city centre.
We provided assessors for the overnight audit team for the Purple Flag which aims at improving the night time economy and winning outside recognitions for having done so.
We routinely act on behalf of Residents’ in the processes associated with:
* Planning and Development and in
* Discussions with Licensees