Monday, 27 August 2012
Problems of the Night Time Economy - Litter
In the mornings Bath is too often covered in the detritus of the previous night:
- Bags left outside charity shops which have be scattered by drunks
- Fly tipped rubbish
- Litter casually disposed of by night time revellers
- Litter left by groups of smokers outside licenced premises
- Litter created by the remains of food bought at takeaway establishments
- Refuse left because of collection breakdown and abuse of collection services
Much of this is the is directly caused by the business activities of those who make money in Bath's nightime economy.
Few of these business do anything to clear up the mess their activities create or indeed to deter thei customers and staff from contributing to the mess.
We think it is about time they were held to account for this.