From Monday 2 April anyone in Bath wishing to place an A-board on public land will need to make sure that they comply with the following rules:
- Only one board per property frontage.
- Placed against the frontage or property boundary.
- A minimum of 1.5m width of footway left for pedestrian to use.
- It must be no bigger than 660mm wide and 1250mm high.
- It must be freestanding and not chained or tied to street furniture.
- It must be stable and not weighed down by sandbags.
- It must not have any sharp edges
- Swinging and rotating boards are prohibited.
- It must not carry and offensive or political message.
- It must not obstruct visibility at junctions.
- It must not be put out before 9 am
If you see boards in Bath that do not comply with these rules tell the council and/or tell us.